Pages

The Astrid Clique

ASTRID | 18 | DANISH LONDONER

Monday 23 February 2015


               


 Monday morning last week, I jetted off before 6:30 to Copenhagen. I planned to travel by myself whilst my parents stayed at home, both too busy with work. I had an very independent week exploring the city with one of my best friends Maria who is half danish herself. I not only got a view of Copenhagen in a completely different way but also got a little taster of the freedoms of roaming/living in a beautiful city like Copenhagen independently. We made good use of the map from the airport but still got lost a couple of times, laughing sometimes at our directionlessness and complete disorientation. Most nights I moved from place to place i.e. I was lucky enough to get round and catch up with a number of family and friends. Everyone was SO welcoming, and thats why I was actually so confident in setting off going alone. For me , there was always someone I know nearby who could come and pick us up or recommend a place to visit. 
 Maria and I simply wandered through the streets of both central Copenhagen around Kogens Nytov, and a little further out in an area of Hellerup. We definitely weren't too busy and window shopping was a major activity. We found loads of time for cafes and cute little lunch spots such as Serenity Cupcakes, Original Coffee and Fedco's Deli. (all pictured) One day we were also set on splashing out on a big lunch at Sticks and Sushi (my favourite but very expensive sushi restaurant) but then opted for the nearby hot-dog stand instead. For me, this time to chill and just mooch around was much needed. 



My week was also greatly filled with puppy loving like cuddling and icy walks in search of the next hot chocolate pit-stop. 

xoxo 
Astrid 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric

Follow @theaclique_